Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Make sure that you set up Find My so that if you ever lose a device or item, including your paired AirPods, Apple Watch, or a personal item with an AirTag attached, you can locate it.

How to turn on Find My for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name, then tap Find My.
  3. If you want friends and family to know where you are, turn on Share My Location.
  4. Tap Find My [device], then turn on Find My [device].
    An iPhone showing the Find My iPhone screen, with Find My iPhone turned on.
  5. To see your device even when it's offline, turn on Find My network.*
  6. To have the location of your device sent to Apple when the battery is low, turn on Send Last Location.

If you want to be able to find your lost device on a map, make sure that Location Services is turned on. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn on Location Services.

* The Find My network is an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices that can help you locate your device.

How to add your AirPods, Apple Watch, or Beats product to Find My

If your AirPods, Apple Watch, or supported Beats product are paired with your iPhone, they're automatically set up when you turn on Find My iPhone.

To make sure you can find your devices even if they're powered off or disconnected, check that Find My network is turned on.

AirPods Pro or AirPods Max

  1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the More Info button next to your device in the list.
  3. Scroll down to Find My network.
  4. Make sure that Find My network is turned on.

Apple Watch

  1. On your Apple Watch, open Settings.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Scroll down until you see your Apple Watch.
  4. Tap your watch name, then tap Find My Watch.
  5. Make sure that Find My network is turned on.

How to add an AirTag or supported third-party product to Find My

How to add an iPhone Leather Wallet to Find My

How to turn on Find My for your Mac

Learn more

Published Date: